casco bay CX

Race reports
ppereira
Domestique

casco bay CX

Post by ppereira »

Not much to this, but figured I'd report anyway. Made my way up to Portland on Sunday, did the cat 4, which was a small field (26 pre-reg'd, 22 actually raced), had a 2nd row start. The start was a really long kind of downhill on the road before turning left onto the grass, got an initially good jump but didn't sustain it and got swarmed going into the grass and the first 180 turn leading up to the barriers. The only really tricky part for me (and seems for many I saw) was an off camber on a slope that was virtually unrideable. I ended up finishing 13/22 (was predicted 16/26, so a little better than predicted). Had I raced a little cleaner, I might have caught up to 12th, who is someone who has a 5-0 record on me in crossresults. I was 6mins behind the top 3, which is nuts.

Apparently the course was different this year (I have never raced this one before) but it was fun and in a great spot. Bonus was going to eat in a great food town.
Briana
Chasseur

Re: casco bay CX

Post by Briana »

I'll keep it simple too, I did the Elite 1,2,3

I borrowed Kathleen's file treads knowing the course has a very long pavement start and is mostly flat and a mid tire really isn't necessary. Got there to find the course was change dramatically and run in the opposite direction as past years. A steep run/ride up was added and some very tight off camber turns. I wasn't feeling comfortable on the file treads so I switched back to my MXP's, three seconds later I broke a spoke on the rear. I switched back to the file tread rear. Was having trouble riding the tight turns and the "run" up with the file tread rear so I borrowed Varoujan's all terrain tire and all was good. Finished 11th of 41 about 2-1/2 min. off the winner.
Brian Anderson
JeremyC
Maillot Jaune

Post by JeremyC »

How do you borrow a tire during a race. That by itself is impressive.
Briana
Chasseur

Post by Briana »

JeremyC wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 pm How do you borrow a tire during a race. That by itself is impressive.
Thankfully this was all pre-race.
Brian Anderson