Sept 1 to Sept 20th CBITT 2020 set up by Charlie Baker

Moderators: KTeves, djming

jraguin
Tête de la course

Sept 1 to Sept 20th CBITT 2020 set up by Charlie Baker

Post by jraguin »

This was sent to me by our friend Larry Alford at 545:

It was formally announced that there will be a social distancing ITT on the Charlie Baker TT loop in September. It was announced by Charlie himself (apparently).

Remember this is a ride at your own risk!
no team, no marshals, no party and no "race day" - no 'official' timer let Strava be your record keeper

This is being shared with my cycling community but you all have friends out there so SPREAD THE WORD

Dates - September 1 to September 20th. That gives you 3 full weekends and Labor day!

Ride the CBTT loop as many times as you want and be sure to tag the ride in Strava as CBITT2020 and a picture of you and your bike at the start. Take the picture please at the start so we have a landmark (the picture is proof that you are on a road bike and not a TT or god forbid an e-bike!) NO Tri Bikes, Ebikes, Drafting, Doping,

Please share this with anyone you want!!!

there are a few ride with GPS routes so use this one where it starts at the corner of Barnes and Lowel (on Lowell) - a SLOW under (10mph please) rolling start is permitted -
The end is a right onto Liberty and up to the road marking - (I think a line of paint is on the road) if not just ride hard to the end of Liberty - you will figure it out

The loop is clockwise and does NOT start and stop at the same place - if you need to dump weight it is best to leave it at the parking lot near the end at Minute Man National Historical Park
Ride Fast and Ride alone
Data will be pulled from rides that occur Sept 1 - Sept 20
No need to pre-reg for this but if you do not post properly your time does not count
Go for it as many times as you want
Top 5 in each category will have their fly-by looked at - if you are with anyone - we will know - you will be disqualified and ridiculed
Be kind to the community - there are a lot of people in the area on weekends (other riders, horses, cars etc....) no need to sacrifice safety for heroics
U20
Men Open
Women Open
65+
Special Mention for Lantern Rouge - We will know if you take a dive!!

Here is some past data
KOM Men time 18:58 -
KOM Women time 22:01 -
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33903859

The community "gesture" and ask... This is NOT mandatory but would be nice..... help me and others in the cycling community support the Ride to End Alzheimers Please donate any amount - even $ 15.00 makes a huge difference my fundraising page

Thank you, be safe and this is your time and opportunity to get out there and start practicing!

--
Larry Alford
lalford917 AT gmail.com

Please join me in finding a cure for Alzheimer's
Click Here for the 2020 ride
2020 Ride to End Alzheimer's - Rye, NH
eboos
Peloton

Re: Sept 1 to Sept 20th CBITT 2020 set up by Charlie Baker

Post by eboos »

Nice! I was planning on doing this again soon just to see if any improvement.
oscarp
Chasseur

Re: Sept 1 to Sept 20th CBITT 2020 set up by Charlie Baker

Post by oscarp »

Watch out for the construction at the rotary in carlisle right by ferns country store. They are re-doing the whole rotary.
Oscar