Farewell all & Hello from Oregon

Moderators: KTeves, djming

dantelman
Peloton

Farewell all & Hello from Oregon

Post by dantelman »

Hi All,
Just realized I never said a formal goodbye, and some of you may not have heard that I moved out West to be closer to my two kids.
I sold my house in mid-October 2020 and headed out to Oregon, so I have been here about 3 months. I am renting a house on a 8 acre horse farm until I can figure out exactly where I want to live. The coast is pretty wet in the winter here, Eastern Oregon (Bend) is much drier.

Next move will probably be to Corvallis, where Oregon State is, as that is a town with things to do, as well as a cycling center. There is hilly road and gravel riding to the West, and the Lebanon area I am in now is mostly open farmland which is great for road riding. There is a lot of gravel here, did my first group gravel ride last weekend, about 40 miles , 3k climbing and got a serious butt kicking.

Once I get my new team clothing (Dialed Cycling) I may sell off all my MRC stuff (mostly large size) if anyone is interested.

Doug Antelman
Hup Hup
BikeRider
Peloton

Re: Farewell all & Hello from Oregon

Post by BikeRider »

Good luck, Doug. Oregon is great for all types of cycling and outdoor activities. In looking at your Strava rides I was wondering if you were on an extended winter vacation out west or if you'd actually moved. ;)
Bike Rider
strat
Peloton

Post by strat »

Good Luck Doug!

Great part of the country, have an old neighbor who lives in Eugene.
tsavage
Chasseur

Post by tsavage »

If you get to Portland when restaurants open, look up Steen Sawyer, the manager at Mother's Bistro & Bar. Mention MRC and see if he smiles.
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells