who raced today at Plymouth?
what should we expect for the course?
which tires?
who in for Sun and which race?
artbaril
Domestique

Re: Plymouth

Post by artbaril »

Raced Saturday because I like the course better at North than at South. Raced the 4's because I got lapped racing open 45's at NoHo.

Worst part of my day was trying to remount during warm-ups with my rain pants on. The pants got caught on the seat and things didn't go too well.

Another 50+ degree day had me racing in short sleeves and shorts for the second time this November. Got my best start of cross season, so I was in the top 10 coming out of the first woods section and I was told I was in 13th the second time up the run-up. Lost two or 3 spots a lap after that, but fought pretty hard to hang on some wheels and had a good battle going with some dude from Cape Cod Bikes. I stayed upright the whole time and rode most of the technical sections pretty well. I ended up around 20th which is a real good result for me these days.

On to Lowell to deal with that damn hill.
Merry Christmas to you......IN JAIL!!!!
Rob
Chasseur

Post by Rob »

Nice Job Art... see you at Lowell
I hope to be healthy then.
swawersik
Chasseur

Post by swawersik »

Given the truncated nature of my race on Sunday, I'm submitting a haiku race report...

Crash. Two damaged wheels
One bent derailleur hanger
Didn't cross start/finish

Landry's says they'll have a replacement hanger in by the end of the week, so I and my last of three working wheelsets (damaged a rear wheel at Wrentham that's at Reynolds for repair) MAY be at Shedd Park next weekend.

It's just a flesh wound...!
Bruce
Tête de la course

Post by Bruce »

Stefan -- tough sledding. Give thanks, this time last year the ground was frozen!

Art-- way to take it to the young guys!
JimmE
Domestique

Post by JimmE »

So Bruce What happened to you? I thought you were in for either Ply-No or Ply So for some racing and heckling?

Not calling you out mind you ;)
Bruce
Tête de la course

Post by Bruce »

But I'm calling you out, how'd you do?

PS> cold just kept getting worse. Its a bumma
ahamilton
Tête de la course

Post by ahamilton »

Jim, I assume that the shifter did the trick for you since you raced(?).
JimmE
Domestique

Post by JimmE »

Alan

It did, and I have.

Now, if it alone could put me in a position to beat P.Curley then I'd really have something to post about :lol:

Thanks again!
taudep
Chasseur

Post by taudep »

Nice work Art! I'm just going to attempt to follow your wheels (for a lap) anyway at Lowell.

Stephan, Brilliant, race reports in Haiku. That's awesome. (Sorry about your wheels).
I'm 20PoundSkull at cyclowhat.com.
ahamilton
Tête de la course

Post by ahamilton »

@ Jim: Great news on the rig. Hope to hear good news on the Curley front soon.

@Art: Sounds like you had a good day, and more are on the way.
Doran Abel
Domestique

Post by Doran Abel »

Looks like they finally got the Day One / North Cat 4 results posted correctly. I was watching Art (23rd) going the other way on most of the laps, then battling with a Cambridge Bike guy (36th), and simultaneously trying to catch John P (37th) which I never quite did (but got very close at 38th). I did like the course except for those soft grassy uphills into the wind - felt like I was riding on my trainer in the shower (actually most of the rain held off though).

Hoping to keep creeping my way up the standings at Lowell and Sterling. Each race I get a little better at getting back on and clipped back in (my weakness). MLowry helped me out with this at a Natick Cx practice back a few weeks ago.

The question is - when will Bruce return to the Cx scene? (I went thru the illness thing too back around the Canton days.)