WNR - 4/14 @ 5:30 from Assabet River Bicycles

Moderators: KTeves, djming

KTeves
Tête de la course

WNR - 4/14 @ 5:30 from Assabet River Bicycles

Post by KTeves »

we are planning on an alternate route this week: https://www.strava.com/routes/2816721362250667332

who's in?
KT
djming
Chasseur

Re: WNR - 4/14 @ 5:30 from Assabet River Bicycles

Post by djming »

IN
Dave Mingori
Briana
Chasseur

Post by Briana »

IN
Brian Anderson
pace21
Maillot Jaune

Post by pace21 »

In
chrismitchell
Domestique

Post by chrismitchell »

In
KTeves
Tête de la course

Post by KTeves »

in
KT
strat
Peloton

Post by strat »

In.

Alternate route takes us out towards Sudbury, then past the Wildlife Refuge and connects up with last week's route but omits Oak Hill (previous MRC Road Race hill inserted instead). Last 9 miles is all regular WNR except for the cool down back to ARB where we're diverting around the busy intersection. Only slightly less overall climbing but plenty to chomp at nonetheless!
JerryD
Autobus

Post by JerryD »

I should be there :-)

Thank you all for relocating the WNR to the shop, I know how these things go and logistics don't always work great for everyone but your participation is much appreciated. Looking forward to our "formal" launch tomorrow night. A few things, trying not to forget anything.

I have the ride posted on our website: www.assabetbicycles.com sign up, sign the waiver, make of it what you will. Not going to be militant about the sign up and waiver stuff but I think we all need to make a modest effort to start, to cover our butts in terms of liability and pandemic/contact tracing.

Parking- park on the outer edges of the parking lot, not close to the building, can even park around the left far side of the building (closest to Rt. 62) and a connected dirt/grass lot (the chain link fence is never gated). Also parking along the street, reasonably, is fine. Going to try and cordon off a parking spot for the food truck too (where there is a corner in the parking lot, near the bike path). Need to keep the peace with the Fitness Asylum participants who will be coming and going to the 5:15p and 6:30p classes.

And a word about parking lot congestion. Just be conscientious about noodling around and milling around the lot by bicycle and foot. First for safety and second for keeping the peace with our non-cycling friends (I will say that over the years multiple car speeding complaints have been registered by residents on Cherry St, not to mention I've seen very questionable driving/parking behaviors by participants rushing to/from their FA workouts :-()

And an FYI, Howie Davidson and some of the Nashoba Valley Pedalers will be there to lead a "C" group, they have their own route (~25 miles) and are sort of "in charge" of that group. Maybe not so fast (probably some have chops) but experienced group ride/cyclists nonetheless. It's a good add to the overall group ride.

Food truck- Kith and Kin will be there, let's please support them if you can. As well as the good chow (https://www.kithandkinhudson.com/menu#menu=food-truck --many feast on the duck fat fries, of course not me!) I think they will have Medusa and/or Ground Effect cans. Of course, feel free to bring the Ultra too.

If you have a camp chair/beach chair, portable seating, table, whatever, please bring. As of right now I've not had time to source any of that stuff

Finally, should you need hydration/nutrition, changing room, bathroom etc. come on inside. Shop is open for biz until 530pm and facilities can be used post-ride too.

OK, if you made it this far, congrats. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow night! tl;dr? hahaha JDZ
JeremyC
Maillot Jaune

Post by JeremyC »

strat wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:51 pm but omits Oak Hill
Blasphemous!
oscarp
Chasseur

Post by oscarp »

In
Oscar
JerryD
Autobus

Post by JerryD »

OK, sorry, the signatory forms links associated with the ride post I directed you to, on the website, are defective, I'll fix them when I get around to it.
pace21
Maillot Jaune

Post by pace21 »

Thanks JdZ. Looking forward to it!
remad
Peloton

Post by remad »

I won’t make it for the ride :( , but I’ll try and stop by later, hopefully around the time that you all finishing up with your rides.
Thanks JDZ!
djming
Chasseur

Post by djming »

Everyone - please make sure to completely read JerryD's post above. Bring a mask and, as he has mentioned, wear while congregating pre and post ride. He is very generously working to have the spot available to us, and we don't want to jeopardize anything.

He's still working on fixing his contact form and waivers (from his website). If he has them fixed before the ride (and you think to check the site), please take a moment to complete them.
Dave Mingori
Danielsm99
Lanterne Rouge

Post by Danielsm99 »

In
koyle
Lanterne Rouge

Post by koyle »

In
Reid