Rides in Maynard/Stowe/Hudson area

Moderators: KTeves, djming

ptmccue
Autobus

Rides in Maynard/Stowe/Hudson area

Post by ptmccue »

Hey everyone.

I am soliciting a little help as a new (as of September) MRC'er. I noticed a bunch of you mention this area (primarily Stowe) as meeting points for rides. I work in Maynard but live in Cumberland, RI (I know, I know…)

This year I plan on riding a few times during the week before work or at lunch in this area as opposed to riding at home. I did some rides last year with some people I work with that took us out by Nashawtuc and up towards Rte 2 - they were OK. I am looking for a couple loops that I could do in the Maynard/Stowe/Hudson area prior to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a side-note I will be riding in the RI area on weekends if there are any other members besides myself down in that neck of the woods. If anyone is interested in hooking up for weekend base miles - let me know!

Thanks in advance.
Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
michaelcole
Tête de la course

Re: Rides in Maynard/Stowe/Hudson area

Post by michaelcole »

Several members live or work in the Maynard, Sudbury area. Look for ride posts and jump in. You'll learn at least a few common loops.

Most Wednesdays during the season we have a group ride out of the Shaws Plaza in Stow. Atkinson Pool on Fairbanks in Sudbury is a common meeting spot as well.
Mark Longwell
Peloton

Post by Mark Longwell »

Most Saturdays also we have rides from Stow ( with no "e") - also from the Shaws Plaza. Usually a 26 mile loop done or two times- usually two groups form- a 17-18 MPH group then a 20+ group. These will also be posted- so just check back in either the Road or Triathlon section.
Ride safe- watch the ice out there this weekend
"As long as I breathe, I attack" - Bernard Hinault
"The bicycle is a curious vehicle: Its passenger is its engine" - John Hughes

http://mlongwell2.blogspot.com/
ptmccue
Autobus

Post by ptmccue »

Thanks for the feedback everybody - I do appreciate it.

Stow with no "e", 4 years of driving through that town to work and I never picked up on that. So much for my keen powers of observation - I blame Vermont!
Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
DCorso
Autobus

Post by DCorso »

there is also the black sheep group that rides from Milford/Hopedale area.
ptmccue
Autobus

Post by ptmccue »

Milford/Hopedale works well for me since I am just a few miles south in Cumberland, RI.
jusben1369

Post by jusben1369 »

Hey sorry if this is a repeat. I was wondering if that 26 mile loop includes any element of Harvard or not? Just curious in terms of the hills.
ptmccue
Autobus

Post by ptmccue »

Good question - does anyone have that loop mapped that you can supply a link to?
gregcrist
Autobus

Post by gregcrist »

Mark Longwell
Peloton

Post by Mark Longwell »

Yes- we go through Harvard on the 26 mile loop... there are hills..... it is not Kansas.... The toughest climb is Oak Hill in Littleton.... then the loop heads into Harvard..
"As long as I breathe, I attack" - Bernard Hinault
"The bicycle is a curious vehicle: Its passenger is its engine" - John Hughes

http://mlongwell2.blogspot.com/
BLentrichia
Lanterne Rouge

Post by BLentrichia »

Mark, Mark, Mark.....Pinacle Hill from the bottom (make a right out of Harvard Center for extra credit). Not as long Oak Hill but certainly steeper.

Cumberland, RI, doesn't the second Boston Brevet ride run through there?
“You can motivate by fear. And you can motivate by reward. But both of these methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self-motivation.” - Homer Rice