Wednesday Afternoon Ride 1:30ish West Acton

Moderators: KTeves, djming

Kyle
Domestique

Wednesday Afternoon Ride 1:30ish West Acton

Post by Kyle »

Boys, I am taking advantage of tomorrow. Please no jokes. I have worked plenty this week and deserve an afternoon off.

I have a lunchtime meeting, but hope to be ready to ride by approximately 1:30. Goal is for 70 miles at easy pace.

I can meet in West Acton, Stow DD or where ever. Would love some company.

-Kyle
"In order to survive, the cheetah must wake every morning and be ready to out run the gazelle"

-Author Bernd Heinrich in Racing The Antelope
irusk
Chasseur

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Ride 1:30ish West Acton

Post by irusk »

I could do something a little later in the Stow/Sudbury area--maybe a 4PM start. I need to be home by 6PM
"There is no charge for awesomeness" - Po
gcdavid
Chasseur

Post by gcdavid »

Ian, I'm in the same boat. I was planning on starting at 4:00 and being done by 6:00. I was thinking of swinging by Shaws at 5:00 to pick up the roadies.
irusk
Chasseur

Post by irusk »

Meeting went late, no ride for me (damn)
"There is no charge for awesomeness" - Po
Kyle
Domestique

Post by Kyle »

I had a great up to NH. I also got off to a late start, but managed to get in 60. The roads got busy with rush hour traffic and I tried to come back down the rail trail, but it is still covered in Snow!
"In order to survive, the cheetah must wake every morning and be ready to out run the gazelle"

reeegan
Peloton

Post by reeegan »

What route do you take up to NH from Acton? 111 the whole way? I am taking a half day tomorrow and am trying to plan a long ride.
"The doctor said most of my injuries are emotional." --Dupree
Kyle
Domestique

Post by Kyle »

I don't have a map (and I am terrible at following them anyway), but I can give you the route and you can figure out where you want to go (bring a map):

From Stow, follow the usual Oak Hill course, when you get to Littleton, go straight thru the intersection past Very Fine. It becomes Littleton Road. Right onto Shaker, stay left at the next intersection and then take a right after the Shaker cemetary (it's marked as a bike route). You come out near the Ayer rotary on Myrick. Go 111 to Ayer center and jump the bike path all the way to common st. in Groton. From there, you can go endless routes, but I recommend River street (via Nashua Rd) which will take you up to Nashua and you can follow back roads up to Hollis, depending how far you want to go.

Enjoy! It looks like it's going to be a great day.