Monstah CX

Race reports
pcollins
Peloton

Monstah CX

Post by pcollins »

14 Nov 2015 Adam's Farm
Got the holeshot, held it for a minute or so before Peter Goguen passed me. A lead group of 3 Goguens and Myerson formed and I bridged up a few laps in. The group changed to be just Myerson, Kevin Goguen and I, with a few guys dangling on and off the back. Kevin and Adam, both experienced, tactical and good at putting in a very hard last half lap, knew that no matter who was in the lead group, they could beat them, so they had no incentive to do any work. Realizing I probably couldn’t win, I was more concerned with locking in my podium position, so I did almost all of the work (it was super windy) trying to keep our group of 3 away. During the last lap I was feeling pretty good and maybe thought I could contest the win or 2nd, but I slid out in a corner, crashed and lost Adam and Kevin. I rolled in for 3rd disappointed that I couldn’t battle it out on the last lap, but happy I made the podium. I liked the course, it was simple but fun.

I have a podium pic but I guess the file is too big to attach...
Mkidd3
Tête de la course

Re: Monstah CX

Post by Mkidd3 »

Patrick, again... great job! You really are having a fantastic season!!
pace21
Maillot Jaune

Re: Monstah CX

Post by pace21 »

That's definitely a tough spot to be in on the last lap with no great options against that level of competition. You likely made the right decision knowing how fast those guys can finish. Either way, another NECX elite race, another podium, well done!